Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm Not Impressed

Michael Wardian worked 80 hours last week shipping food to Haiti and then went to Miami and won the marathon in 2:28:39. Story here

Top 3 Results
Michael Wardian (M35) 2:28:39 $2,000
Cesar Martins (M38) 2:36:03 $1,000
Orinthal Striggles (M34)2:38:43 $500

I don't know if I'm more flabbergasted by the name "Orinthal Striggles" or that Mr. Striggles won $500 for running 2:38. Was there a Kenyan holiday yesterday?


Top 5 Half
Justin Young 1:05:57
Michael Aish 1:06:38
Patrick Rizzo 1:07:31
Josh Glaab 1:10:27
Josh Moen 1:10:28

4 comments:

  1. The name itself, Orinthal Striggles, deserves $500. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh thats his real name and he works and trains very hard!!! He is runs all over South Carolina..Georgia and Florida What's your point of putting someones name down and saying he doesnt deserve the money for coming in 3rd?? He ran the race...thats when he crossed the finish line and if out of all those thousands of runners he was 3rd place what ever the time was than he deserves the prize for 3rd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wasn't putting his name down. i like his name. a lot. and i didn't say he didn't deserve the money. it's just a slow time to take home $500. thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ok sorry I'm a close friend of his so I guess I felt the need to defend him. Yes it is a very unique name and I admit it took a little while to grow on me but I love it now. As far as the race goes I think they commented that everyones time was the slowest in the history of the race due to weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete