Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mo Trafeh and Brad Hudson: WTF




I was going to do a write-up on NYC Half-Marathon happening tomorrow, but I've been too busy trying figure out what the hell is going on with Brad Hudson and Mo Trafeh to focus on that. Geb is going to win anyway.

So let's focus on something much more interesting.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, I'll start at the beginning.

In Nov. of '09 Brad Hudson announced on his Marathon Performance Training Group website that Mo Trafeh had joined.
Seen here: http://www.marathonperformance.com/2009/11/mo-trafeh-joins-marathon-performance/

On March 13th, after Mo won the Gate River Run, they posted this on the site:
Marathon Performance athlete Mo Trafeh won the 2010 US 15K Championship on Saturday morning..


Yesterday, in an interview with Running Times, Mo had this to say:
Brad Hudson coaches you, correct?

MT: No. I am self-coached.

Did he ever coach you?

MT: No. I talked to him a couple of times. He gave me some friendly advice.

On the Marathon Performance Web site, it says he is your coach and agent. It also says you run for their team.

MT: I was surprised to see that, actually. I got a message from a guy on Facebook asking me for a picture to put on the Web site. And I gave him a few pictures. I thought he was going to do a little profile on me for Marathon Performance. Next thing I know it looks like they included me in the group as if I was one of his athletes. He doesn’t coach me or represent me. He’s my friend as far as Facebook goes, but nothing further than that.


Brad has responded to that on his Facebook page saying:
Also to those emailing. I do not coach Mo Trafeh but am a advisor, supporter, agent. He joined Marathon Performance athlete representative agency last fall. We have coaching and representative services. Exclusive/Non-exclusive. Great guy deserves a contract.


Which doesn't address why Mo would say that he's not affiliated with MP in any way.

Brad also posted on Mo's Facebook(Mo is running the NYC Half tomorrow):
Best on Sun. Wishing you well.


What the hell?
I don't know. It's very strange.

Is Brad mistaking "facebook friend" for "agent", and posting on Mo's wall as "advising"? When Mo accepted Brad's friend request, was that "signing with Marathon Performance" in his mind?

Or is Mo Trafeh a pathological liar?
One of these guys is out of their minds. I think I know who...

3 comments:

  1. Gotta be Brad, right? His interview after Ritz dropped him was a big can of WTF too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at the exchanges on facebook between he and brad, you notice some interesting things:

    Brad "Hope all good for gate!

    Mo "Thanks everything is going as planned so far ! Its gonna be fun ! Any of our athletes running?"

    Note, the any of OUR athletes? Also there's a good deal of back and forth with calling.

    who knows. very strange indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems straightforward to me. Mo is part of Marathon Performance but is self coached.

    ReplyDelete